WHAT IS REMARKETING?
Remarketing, also known as the retargeting, is a very common and the popular form of digital marketing in which marketers serve ads to the users who have visited their website, or the specific web page, and who have or have not taken the specific action. This will comes under the Search engine marketing. It’s an effective way to target a people who have already shown some interest in your business or the brand. Because you are targeting the past visitors or existing customers, it is called as “re”-marketing. Think of it as the second chance to convert, up-sell, or retain the customers with online ads or campaigns. You can do the remarketing in different ways and with a different ad platforms, like Google ads, or Facebook ads.
TYPES OF REMARKETING
There are number of tactics you can use as part of your remarketing strategy. Here will be some of the most common types. You should be test the few tools to see which strategy works best with your audience.
This is a perhaps of the most common remarketing type. Display the remarketing is where you can use the display ads to reach users who have a previously visited your site. The aim is to use the information and collected through the cookies to drive traffic to your site, then target them with ads.
This is where you can use the tracking information gathered from Google searches to target traffic that has been shown an interest in your brand. But instead of the targeting them with a display ad, you use paid advertising on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Email remarketing is the most traditional form of the remarketing. It involves in sending a promotional emails to users who have subscribed to your site or the newsletter. You can also use this strategy to contact users who have the abandoned shopping cart on your site or suggest the additional products to existing customers.
BENEFITS OF REMARKETING
- Capitalize on the lost website traffic.
- Target people who can have already visited your site and shown interest in your offering.
- Target audiences who are more likely to be convert.
- Keep your brand at the top of mind by strategically showing ads to the interested audiences.
- Affordable marketing tactic available on the range of platforms and channels.
- Suitable for the every industry and vertical.
- Comes in with the many ad formats, including display ad, search RLSA, dynamic carousel and more.
- For e-commerce – dynamic retargeting enables the marketers to serve personalized ads for the different users based on products or services they viewed on your website.
There are number of different platforms and channels that you can be used for remarketing. And here they are:
- Simple display remarketing: The most simple and the popular type of remarketing. Just displayed the ad to people on the other sites after they have visited yours on display ad networks like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Native advertising: Marketers can be re-engage their website visitors with the valuable content, recommended across the premium publishers in native ad placements.
- Search remarketing: Remarketing lists for the search ads (RLSA) is a feature that lets you to customize your search ads campaign for people who have previously visited your site.
- Social media remarketing: Show your retargeting ads to the people on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn after they’ve been already engaged with your brand or business.
REMARKETING WITH THE GOOGLE ADS
When you run the Google Ad Words remarketing campaigns, your ads receive the most exposure across the internet. The Google will Display Network Reach in the US is incredibly high, reaching over a 92% of the visitors across millions of websites, videos, and devices:
Follow these steps to successfully set up your remarketing campaign in the Google Ad Words:
- Sign-in to the Ad Words account.
- Click ‘Shared Library’ option.
- Click the ‘Audiences’.
- Click the ‘Set-up Remarketing’.
- Click the ‘View Ad Words Tag for websites’.
- Select and copy provided remarketing tag code, the tag will be work for both the mobile and desktop websites.
- Place the tag code at bottom of the website pages you want to use for your campaign.
- Then save and publish your page.
- Then you can check if your tag is working properly with the help of ‘Google Tag Assist’.
- Click ‘Continue’ button.
- Click the ‘Return to Audiences’
Then within a few days your tag will start collecting the cookies of your website visitor, and ‘All Visitors’ list in your account will begin to fill up.