WHAT IS KEYWORDS?
Keyword is a word or phrase that tells about your website. This is a search term that you want to rank with the certain page. When people search for your keyword or phrase they will your website in your search results. For example if the people search for the “tea shop in Coimbatore “this is a keyword and get the result based on the keyword. The top showing websites will be ranked websites in search results. Some will be the paid results and also some organic results. The keyword is the base thing to start working in the Search engine optimization . First choose the content related keyword and start working for the results.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF KEYWORD
Here we will see about the three types of keywords,
- Short-tail keyword
- Mid-tail keyword
- Long-tail keyword
- Market specific keyword
- Generic keyword
- Branded keyword
- Customer-specific keyword
- Location-specific keyword
- Short-tail keyword are 1-2 words long.
- This is usually represent the broad topic which much context on information searches are looking for within the topic. The competitors of this will be more so it’s not easy to get place in search engine result page.
- Example for short-tail keyword: Tea shop.
- This keyword contains 3-4 words.
- This will slightly more specific than the short=tail keyword.
- Example for Mid-tail keyword: Best Tea shop.
- Finally this keyword contains 5-8 words approximately.
- This will more specific than the intent of the search. The competitors of this key word will be much lesser than the short-tail keyword. This type of keyword is easy to rank in the search engine result page.
- Example for the long-tail keyword: Best Tea shop in Coimbatore.
- The terms and condition specific to the industry or business.
- For example: Athletics shoes
- Generic keyword doesn’t mention the brand of the product.
- Example: cricket bat
- This keyword will mention the specific brand of the keyword.
- Example: MRF cricket bat
- This keyword will mention the age, gender and customer context related.
- For example: cricket shoe for men.
- This keyword will specify the location in the keyword.
- For example: Tea shop in Coimbatore.
WHERE TO USE SEO KEYWORDS ON YOUR WEBSITE
Once you choose the keyword you need to use the keyword to your entire site. As the general rule use once a keyword for one page of your site. This also useful to crawl the website and know about what the topic is about. Also you have to use your keyword In URLs, Meta tags, content, images. Here we will see about how to add our keyword In our websites.
You should add your keyword in your URLs. This will help to get place search engine result page.
Include keyword to your meta tags like title and heading tag. These not only tell about what the page is about also make it easy for visitors to the information they want.
Make sure that the target keyword will be added to the page on few times. The more number of adding keyword in per page will be considered as the keyword stuffing. Also adding keyword in irrelevant topic and doesn’t match to the content is also keyword stuffing.
Even though search engine can’t see your keyword but also read the keyword. That’s why you need optimize your image for keyword
HOW NOT TO USE OUR KEYWORD IN SEO
KEYWORD IS TOO GENERIC
The too generic keyword is hard to get place in search engine result page. For example, if you set ”Tea shop” rather than use ”Tea shop in Coimbatore”.
Don’t use a spam keyword like “make money now”. This will make poor rated content and get negative impression to your content.
Your keyword should be related to your content. The inapplicable keyword doesn’t match the audience needs.
Don’t add too many keyword in the same page of your website.
ADVANTAGES OF KEYWORD
Keyword is the main part to optimize our website starting to ending. So need to choose correct keyword and optimize our website under this keyword. So this play the important role in SEO.
Here are the some importance of keyword in SEO,
- Identify and speaks about the target market.
- Create the useful content to the target audience.
- Communicate to the Google that our website is relevant to the queries.
- Improve search ranking by helping Google to understand what the webpage is about.
- Get place the content to right audience and right time.
- Increase conversion by helping consumers
- Get more traffic to appropriate page.